Ambler mining road would disrupt the Western Arctic Caribou migration, cross over 2,000 rivers & streams, interfere with subsistence lifestyles of rural Alaskans, & cross through @GatesArcticNPS. Sound like a bad idea? We think so too.
- 1971-2021: The Northern Center celebrates 50 years protecting Northern Alaska
- Lasting protection for the next 60 years, and beyond
- Take Action: Comment Period Now Open on BLM’s Draft Resource Management Plan for 13 Million Acres of Alaska’s Central Yukon Area
- Action Alert: Protect Polar Bears from Seismic Testing
- Take Action: Comment Period Opens for BLM’s Call for Nominations for the Arctic Refuge Coastal Plain
- Love Is The Way
all-day Celebrate Earth Day in Fairbanks...
Celebrate Earth Day in Fairbanks...
Apr 17 – Apr 24 all-day
Celebrate Earth Day in Fairbanks All Week Long! Earth Day Poetry & Art Walk: [Self Guided: April 17th-24th] Enjoy poems and artwork on display at Creamer’s Field and along the Chena River downtown. Submit your[...]