2014 Run for the Refuge & Walk for Wilderness
Please join us on Sunday, July 27th for the 18th Annual Run for the Refuge with 5K walk/run, 10K run, and 1 mile Walk for Wilderness to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Wilderness Act.
Join Us Sunday, July 27th, 2014
UAF West Ridge Ski Hut
Sign in at Noon, Race starts at 1 pm
Each year the Northern Alaska Environmental Center holds the “Run for the Refuge.” The run is a fun, community-oriented event to support a commitment to the preservation of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. It includes a 5k and 10k race, prizes, and race-day giveaways and door prizes.
The 18th Annual Run for the Refuge is on Sunday, July 27th. This year we have added a 1-mile Walk for Wilderness to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Wilderness Act with sponsorship by Arctic Audubon.
Please click the link below to register for this fun family and dog friendly race.
- Noon - Race Day registration for Walk for Wilderness and Run for the Refuge
- Walk Race day registration is $30 for adults and $20 for children under 12 (kids under 3 are free). Race day registration at noon at UAF Ski Hut (zoom into map to see Ski Hut in NW corner of the mapped buildings on West Ridge (Troth Yeddha').
- 1 pm - Race starts
- Prizes for first-place winners (5 K & 10K men, women, child).
- Free Tee-shirts for first 100 to register!
- Fantastic door prizes!!
- Snacks and fun for all!
- Click here for Run for Refuge race course map